If the device cannot be connected or recognized, you can use the USB Flash drive to upgrade the firmware. Of course, to avoid malfunctions, if you can upgrade online, you'd better do that. Otherwise, the equipment is likely to become bricks. This upgrade method is different from the past, you need to pay attention to 100% follow our upgrade steps, otherwise the dongle will die.
(Very Important note: Do not attempt to connect the adapter to your computer's or laptop's USB port. These ports are made to transfer data and will just interrupt the update process and brick the device.)
Preparation materials: product dongle, power adapter, USB flash drive.
Steps about how to upgrade the firmware by USB flash drive:
1. Perpare a USB flash drive, format it to FAT32/Allocation unit size 1024bit or default.
2. Download and save U2W_Update.img file on USB flash drive Root directory. (Make sure to rename the file to U2W_Update.img)
3. Connect the Carlinkit Dongle(U2W/U2W Plus) to a USB Wall power outlet/charger. Wait for the solid Red light. Please don’t use the USB port of the car or computer!!
4. Insert the USB flash drive into the Carlinkit Dongle and wait at lest 4 minutes while the device being updated (You will see alternative red light and green light on the device and finally solid red.)
5. Delete all Wi-Fi and Bluetooth from Phone and Car (then make sure both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are tuned on in the phone, but keep "not conneted".)
6. Please unplug the dongle from the USB Wall power outlet/charger and remove the USB flash drive from the dongle.
7. Plug the dongle into the USB port of the car once the head unit is fully booted.
8. Please wait until the new window will appear on the vehicle's screen.
9. Connect your phone to the Bluetooth network which is shown on the screen.
10. Wait for the new interface to appear on the screen.
After a successful upgrade, you can return to the car for testing. Good luck!
Some setting options have been added to this 2020.11.10.2137 version of the web page, as explained below:
Synchronization Mode (normal, compatible):
The default is normal, which is used to solve the problem of unsynchronized information displayed on the dashboard.
Compatibility: Solve the problem that some cars cannot connect to the dongle.
Media sound quality (CD, DVD):
Default DVD, which has better sound quality.
CD, to solve the problem of noise in certain cars.
Media delay (300~2000 milliseconds):
The default is 1000. The greater the delay, the less likely to be stuck, and the smaller the delay, the more synchronized music and images will be. This delay setting is related to the network environment in the car and can be adjusted according to the actual situation.
Reset to roll back to 2020.08.04.1604 version.
To get the newest update firmware file, please contact us!
Mon-Fri: 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM (UTC+8)